Realme launched the Realme user interface for Realme 5, Realme 5i, and Realme 5 in June. The update was based on Android 10. It brought features such as a new user interface, an optimized intelligent sidebar, an optimized three-finger screenshot gesture, a navigation gesture 3.0 and much more. The company is now rolling out a new update for the trio that is slated to hit your phones in the coming days. If you haven’t received it yet, you can manually check for the update by going to Settings> About Phone> System Update. For the unconscious, the Realme 5 series was launched in August 2019.
According to the company’s press release, Realme 5, Realme 5i and Realme 5s are receiving a new OTA update in India. It’s rolling out gradually. The changelog mentions that it will bring the Android security patch for November 2020. There is also an additional switch to show the keyboard when entering the app drawer. In addition, the Sunrise option for eye comfort has been expanded to include Sunset to Sunrise. Another addition to the Settings app is that you can briefly press the power button to turn off the flashlight function when the screen is turned off.
The update also improves the way you take screenshots. It adds a toggle for the physical button on the screenshot settings page and optimizes the interactive mode for floating screenshot preview.
The complete change is mentioned below:
- Android security patch updated: November 2020
- A switch has been added to show the keyboard when opening the app drawer
- Added eye comfort option from sunset to sunrise
- Added short press of the power button to turn off the flashlight feature when the screen turns off
- A switch for the physical button has been added to the screenshot settings page
- The interactive mode for the floating preview of screenshots has been optimized