In this course, you will build an accounting system starting with a blank Excel worksheet, creating a general journal, a general ledger, a trial balance, sub-ledgers, and financial statements. For each new step in the process, you will have access to a downloadable Excel Workbook, containing at least two tabs, one with the answer, the new steps having been completed, the other starting out where the prior presentation left off.
Accountants are generally more valuable when they understand both the accounting theory, the impact on financial statements of each transaction, as well as how an accounting database program like QuickBooks works, including the data input forms used to enter normal financial transactions.
4.6/5 average rating:
★ ★ ★ ★
- Access 23 lectures & 8 hours of content 24/7
- Create an accounting system using Excel, starting from a blank worksheet
- Navigate & format Excel worksheets
- Create a general journal, general ledger, trial balance & subsidiary ledgers
- Create financial statements, including a balance sheet & income statement
- Enter transactions related to the vendor/customer/employee cycles, including the impact on subsidiary ledgers & financial statements
NOTE: Software NOT included
4.4/5 Instructor Rating:
★ ★ ★ ★
Robert Steele has experience working as a practicing Certified Public Accountant (CPA), an accounting and business instructor, and a curriculum developer. He has enjoyed putting together quality tools to improve learning and has been teaching, making instructional resources, and building curricula since 2009. Through working with students from many different schools, Mr. Steele has learned best practices for helping people understand accounting fast. Learning new skills and finding the best way to share knowledge with people who can benefit from it is a passion of his.