A fire broke out outside the Vishwavidyalaya subway station on the university campus in North Delhi today. No one was injured in the incident, officials said.
The fire started at an electric vehicle charging station outside the subway station. The owners of three electric scooters had their vehicles plugged in and turned on to recharge.
However, the charging station began to send out sparks and soon a fire broke out. The three electric scooters were burned in the fire.
Subway officials using fire extinguisher cylinders managed to put out the fire before fire trucks arrived, officials said.
This was reportedly the first fire in Delhi to involve an electric vehicle charging station in public.