Realme is the seventh largest smartphone brand in the world and is growing rapidly thanks to its affordable price, great technology and innovation. The company introduced its 125W SuperDark charger in 2020. Realme just unveiled its brand new MagDart technology, a magnetic wireless charging solution for charging a smartphone and attaching additional accessories.
Realme has launched a number of new products that support the company’s latest magnet technology, MagDart. MagDart is very similar to Apple’s MagSafe technology, which can be magnetically attached to the back of the device and offers several new accessories for plugging in and charging. The company also announced its first concept device that supports the new charging standard called Realme Flash.
For comparison, Realme also shared how its MagDart technology compares to Apple’s MagSafe wireless charging technology:
And here are the announced MagDart accessories and chargers:
- MagDart charger (fastest): It’s a 50W charger advertised to wirelessly charge a 4,500mAh battery in just 54 minutes, which is very impressive and one of the fastest out there today.
- MagDart charger (thinnest): It charges with 15 W and is a small and portable charger.
- MagDart power bank: It attaches to the back of the device and starts charging immediately.
- MagDart embellish light: Like the rest of the accessories in this range, it attaches to the back of the device and has 60 built-in mini LEDs to illuminate selfies and normal photos. The lights can be flipped to work for both the main rear camera and the front selfie cameras. It also has a built-in charging coil to support wireless and reverse wireless charging.
- MagDart wallet: It attaches to the back of the device and even includes an aluminum stand and can hold up to 3 cards.
- MagDart cover: Developed for the Realme GT, it provides support for MagDart charging technology while also providing some protection from drops and scratches.
Realme also announced the MagDart Fusion Plan, which will allow other companies to take advantage of the technology and implement it into their products. So it remains to be seen whether other companies will follow and join this newly introduced standard.
Roland is a technology enthusiast and software engineer based in the UK. He is also a content creator and author and is best known by the name “Techusiast”.