Samsung has finally unveiled the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 and announced that the new foldable flagship will support everyone’s most popular feature – the S Pen from the popular Galaxy Note series. However, Samsung did not include these accessories, and users who wish to use them will need to purchase them separately.
At the Galaxy Unpacked event, Samsung also unveiled the Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 and a number of new and improved Watch 4 bands. We also compared the Galaxy Watch 4 to the Apple Watch 6 to give you an idea of what to expect and to give you an idea of which is best for you.
Does the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 come with the S Pen?
The Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 does not come with an S Pen. The two S Pen versions are both optional accessories that you can purchase separately. Samsung has not yet announced prices for these products, but they will be sold along with the Galaxy Z Fold 3.
Which S Pen works with the Galaxy Z Fold 3?
Samsung Galaxy S Pen Pro and S Pen Fold Edition
Both the S Pen Pro and S Pen Fold Edition work with the Galaxy Z Fold 3; There are some differences between the two pens, however. For starters, the Fold Edition is smaller, more compact and has the case solution. The S Pen Pro is described as a more traditional writing implement that takes up a bit more space but offers a better writing or drawing experience depending on your preferences.
As for the feature differences, here are what each pen does:
S Pen Pro:
- It can be charged via the USB-C port on top
- It can use bluetooth controls and gestures and supports the latest features. It can also copy and paste between two supported devices
- It can switch between two frequencies (there is also a dedicated switch), which makes it suitable for working with more devices, not just the Galaxy Z Fold 3.
- It’s ideal for frequent S Pen users who take notes, draw, and other work with the pen and need it on a daily basis.
S Pen Fold Edition:
- It supports writing inputs and pressing buttons on the device
- The S Pen Fold Edition is best described as the S Pen before Bluetooth functionality. It supports key presses and typing, but it doesn’t support air gestures and other functions. It’s ideal for those who want to take notes or just rely on this functionality at times.
It’s also important to point out that the older S Pen won’t work with the Galaxy Z Fold 3, not even the S Pen on the S21 Ultra. That’s because the frequencies of the newer ones are different thanks to the Wacom layer that everything works together. The S Pen Pro is priced at $ 99.99 while the S Pen Fold Edition is priced at $ 44.99.
What do you get with your Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3?
Samsung didn’t include a range of additional accessories this time around, as was the case with the first Galaxy Fold or the Galaxy Z Fold 2 last year. Instead, you get your typical accessories like the USB cable and paperwork to get started. The charging wall adapter is also not included and must be purchased separately if you don’t have one at home.
What’s in the box:
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3, the device itself
- operation manual
- Sim ejector tool
- Warranty information
- USB Type-C to USB Type-C cable for charging and transferring files
You can pre-order your next Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 and receive $ 200 Samsung credit. Samsung also gives you a free year of Samsung Care + if you choose a 3-year Samsung Care + plan.
Roland is a technology enthusiast and software engineer based in the UK. He is also a content creator and author and is best known by the name “Techusiast”.