Cases And Accessories

Apple AirPods Three not coming quickly: report

We’ve heard a lot of rumors and speculation about the next iteration of Apple AirPods, dubbed the AirPods 3. Recently it was reported that their launch is imminent as Apple plans an event on March 23rd. However, the latest report says otherwise. According to recent developments, the Apple AirPods 3 will not hit the market anytime soon.

The development comes from MacRumors, in which investors are quoted by the analyst Ming-Chi Kuo. The analyst says mass production of the third generation AirPods will begin in the third quarter of 2021. This means that contrary to recent rumors, the AirPods 3 won’t be out anytime soon. If mass production begins in the third quarter of 2021, the devices are expected to hit the market in the fourth quarter of the year.

There were various leaks – from live images to renders – that gave us a glimpse of what to expect from Apple next. While the renders have been said to unveil the final version of the AirPods 3, it is now unclear whether to believe them as the launch isn’t coming anytime soon.

According to previous rumors, the device will do without the support of the company’s noise-canceling function. Apple is working through a domestic materials partner to develop a system-in-package (SiP) product that contains Apple’s H1 chip, which is an AirPod audio driver chip. Rumor has it that AirPods 3 are around 20 percent cheaper than the AirPods Pro, which comes with active noise-canceling technology.

“If ‌AirPods‌ 2 is past its end after mass production of ‌AirPods‌ 3, we estimate that ‌AirPods‌ 3, AirPods Pro, ‌AirPods‌ 2 and ‌AirPods Maxmachen will account for about 40%, 28%, 31% and 1% of the total shipments in 2021 If ‌AirPods‌ 2 continues production after the ‌AirPods‌ 3 mass production, we estimate that AirPods‌ 3, ‌AirPods Pro‌, ‌AirPods‌ 2 and ‌AirPods Max‌ will account for about 32%, 28%, 39% and 1% of the total shipments in 2021 ” said Kuo

Prakhar Khanna

I’ve been in the tech industry since 2014 when I created my first blog. I worked with Digit, one of the largest tech publications in India. I am now working as a news editor at Pocketnow, where I get paid to write about cutting-edge technology. You can contact me at [email protected]

Related Articles