Communication is an essential human need. Help individuals afflicted with disorders, injuries, and disabilities develop or restore their ability to communicate. This speech and language therapy class will equip you with the knowledge and skills necessary to begin your journey towards a rewarding career as a speech language specialist.
- Access 6 lectures & 50 hours of content 24/7
- Discern the differences between various types of speech disorders & their effects
- Understand speech science, including the neural & physiological components essential to speech
- Evaluate & analyze language, cognitive and social patterns to diagnose individuals
- Provide tools & techniques to aid those with communication issues
- Guide speech & literacy development in early childhood
You will be required to complete each lesson in full, and answer exams at the end of each course module. If your pass rate exceeds 55% on each exam then you will receive a certificate of completion, to recognize your achievement. You can immediately download your PDF course certificate from IOA.
Most of our courses will earn you credits through Continuing Education (CE) / Continuing Professional Development (CPD). CE/CPD points are accepted and recognized by professional member bodies and academic institutions across the US and internationally.
All courses are accredited by the International Council for Online Educational Standards (https://icoes.org/). When successfully completing a course, students can choose to purchase an ICOES certificate that recognizes the achievement, from this third-party institution.
International Open Academy
International Open Academy is a leader in online learning and your one-stop shop for professional development, personal growth, and goal fulfillment. They empower students to live the life they love by delivering diverse and easy-to-use courses right to your screen. From making a career change to exploring new hobbies or interests, they have courses to tackle a wide spectrum of life’s challenges.
- International Council for Online Educational Standards (ICOES): ICOES is the accrediting body responsible for establishing, maintaining, and improving the educational standards of online teaching institutions. Your ICOES certificate allows you to prove to employers, colleagues, and customers that your course is from a well-run, ethical institution that meets the highest standards in online education
- Training Qualifications UK (TQUK): TQUK is a national awarding body recognized by the UK Government and regulated by Ofqual(The Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation)