Scooters And One Wheels

Electrical scooter battery triggered Bronx residence fireplace that injured 12 – CBS New York

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – There’s an update on a Bronx apartment fire that injured 12 people.

The FDNY says the fire was started by an electric scooter’s lithium-ion battery. The scooter was kept in a living room.

The fire broke out just before 11 a.m. Tuesday in an apartment building on Watson Avenue in the Soundview area.

MORE: 12 people including 2 firefighters were injured in the Bronx home fire

According to FDNY, the smoke detector did not work in the apartment where the fire started.

The cause of yesterday’s all-hand fire on Watson Ave. 1720 in the Bronx was accidentally electric (lithium-ion battery from an electric scooter kept in the living room). Smoke detector in fire department apartment not ready for use.

– FDNY (@FDNY) January 13, 2021

According to FDNY, 12 people were injured, including two firefighters.

Four civilians, including a child, were most recently in critical condition.


Related Articles